Monday, December 27, 2010

A Happy Yummy Christmas Celebration!

Hello, friends, thank you for your Christmas wishes!

As usual, we celebrated this year's Christmas at my sister's place with lots of munching, chewing, talking, laughing whilst savoring the delicious Christmas dinner. It is my niece's sixth birthday too, so each year, she gets double presents during Christmas, and she's thrilled to bits! Here's some photos taken.



Presents around the lovely Christmas Tree


Our Christmas Menu.... oh...oh, the 'r" is missing from "Starter"...my BIL is probably too hungry when he is writing this!  (Hey J, is your mind on the turkey while writing this? He! He! I would too! ^..^)


My sister's delicious roasted turkey and my youngest sis's pumpkin rice. They are delicious.


My youngest sis's roasted lamb. Yummy!


My sis's sister-in-law's fresh salad with sour cream and chives. Refreshing and delicious!


Baked potatoes with cheese and bacon! Yummy!


Mince Pies, from my eldest sis, the filling is full of flavour from the brandy and rum. Really good!


Fruits with Chocolate Fondue. Needless to say, this is a hit with everyone! Absolutely addictive!


The birthday girl, my cute little niece, Ashleigh, with her mommy. My sis baked a really delicious cheese butter cake for her little princess who requested for a "clown" cake. 


Her cake is really cute and beautifully done! Great job, sis!

Due to the excitement, (there are about 30 of us!) and hungry kids, the adults too, I have forgotten to snap some photos of the Chili and Nachos (made by me) and the Spaghetti with Mince Meat Tomato Sauce (made by my nephew, which is really delicious, the kids had seconds!). I have forgotten the Gingerbread Man (cookies) and his family too! We really had fun and already planning for our New Year's get together pot-luck dinner!! 




24 comments:

  1. Wow....what a crhstmassy atmosphere:))
    So lovely
    Barara

    ReplyDelete
  2. It certainly looks like you all had a great day. I hope you are able to enjoy the remainder of the week as well. Have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. a lovely platter for Christmas.....everything looks very delicious and yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! How many gifts!
    And what lovely Christmas atmosphere!

    Happy Birthday to your niece!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful (and delicious!!!) Christmas you and your family had! That pumpkin rice is AMAZING looking! YUM!

    And thank you for the knowledge on belly shape for the gender....we don't know what the gender of the baby is - LOVE surprises! I sometimes feel like my belly is "oval" = a boy as you say and then at other times/angles it looks more "round" = a girl. We shall see soon enough!!!

    Happy New Year!
    ~avril :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely celebration for Christmas,filled with love and precious family time!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow beautiful celebrations..seems you guys had a fabulous christmas eve..

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fabulous Christmas feast! Everything looks divine, especially the pumpkin rice and roasted lamb! And your little niece is adorable. Happy Birthday to Ashleigh! (that is my daughter's middle name and it's spelled the same way) Glad you had a nice holiday and hope you have a Happy New Year! Cheers, cher!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful Christmas you had. The tree is beautiful and look at all that great food. Looks like a feast! Hope you have a very special 2011!
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Joy, I agree with Miz Helen! Looks like a most wonderful Christmas. Today I picked up my prize from the post office, what a beautiful book! I will share this on my blog in the coming week. I have been busy with work and Christmas here and have not as yet shown the prize I shall award. I really need to get busy! Thank you so much, a lovely book and engraved note.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So glad you had a joyous Christmas- everything looks delicious! :) Happy Birthday to your niece- her cake was adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi...Merry Christmas. Looks so delicious haah.. Enjoyable moments with family. So many recipe that make me hungry ;-)
    Hope all the wishes comes true.
    Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Merry Christmas !
    SO many delicious food and present too!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well done, sis! the only thing lacking is the snow!! haahaa

    ReplyDelete
  15. So many presents!!
    Happy belated Birthday to Ashleigh!
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's a lot of good food there...and presents too...wow! It's really wonderful to know you have a great Christmas. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  17. good food and so many presents!! wonder how does the pumpkin rice really looks like? sure you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi friends,
    Thank you for your birthday wishes for my niece, and all your New Year wishes.
    Happy New Year to all of you too!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, that's a lot of presents!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a lovely Christmas dinner you had with your family! So much delicious food, so many presents. :) I didn't check in on your blog earlier as I've been busy with Christmas and Boxing Day activities here. Happy New Year to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wah! so many Christmas presents and of course the delicious menu! I bet everyone had a roaring good time with plenty of everything! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Sook,
    Yes, that's over a hundred wrapped presents!

    Hi KY,
    Merry Christmas to you too. I know how crazy and hectic these few weeks are! And the school is starting next week! Gosh! We are really busy over here too! Hope you had a fun holiday.

    Hi p3chandan,
    Yes, we had a blasting, roaring good time. Happy New Year to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Roasted lamb!!! I'm jealous! Yum! Everything looks great. :)

    ReplyDelete