Wednesday, October 22, 2014

THB : Blueberry-Streusel Sunday Coffee Cake

Bake #42 at The Home Bakers (THB), Wild Huckleberry-Streusel Sunday Coffee Cake, is selected by Jessie of The Dinner Pages, from the book where we are currently baking from, "Coffee Cakes' by Lou Seibert Pappas.

I have replaced the wild huckleberry with frozen blueberries. Have not seen huckleberry being sold over here before. 


I made half a recipe, and use a 7" round cake pan, baked for 40 minutes in a preheated oven at 350F. Originally, the cake is baked in a 9" pie pan for a full recipe. The recipes uses chopped pecans or walnuts for the streusel, which I have sub with chocolate chips, as someone in my house do not like nuts. I actually took by mistake the coffee choc chips instead of the regular choc chips, and it was really nice. 


The cake is really nice, soft, light and bursting with blueberries. The coffee chocolate chips is really fragrant with the aroma of coffee. Overall, this is one lovely cake.


For the full recipe and instructions, please visit the host of this bake, Jessie of The Dinner PagesTo view other members' bake, please visit The Home Bakers (THB).


Welcome to The Home Bakers


We are a group of home bakers who are currently baking from "Coffee Cakes" by Lou Seibert Pappas. This is our bake no. 42 and we have 18 recipes more to go.


12 comments:

  1. I LOVE coffee cake! This looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Joyce , what an amazing coffee cake , I was looking for a different recipe and this is great , thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can never find huckleberries around here either, Joyce. Blueberries are a great substitutute and your cake looks absoutely delicious!!! You can't go wrong with streusel on anything, lol...Coffee Chocolate Chips??? What??? I need to check my store for those! I saw some different chip flavors in the store just today but not Coffee Chocolate Chips. Oh the possibilities!!!

    Thanks for sharing, Joyce...

    ReplyDelete
  4. hmmm! yummy.. another lovely coffee cake.. i love all these as church bakes

    ReplyDelete
  5. Joyce, that's a lovely cake! Oh, I did not know that there is coffee choc chips. I must go look for it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely coffee cake with blueberry-streusel !

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a great coffee cake, Joyce. The streusel topping is totally irresistible!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have never seen huckleberries here either. I think the blueberries sound delicious in this lovely streusel-topped cake.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I too have never seen huckleberries...your cake looks delicious, especially with the layer of streusel.
    Hope you are having a great week Joyce :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Joyce, recently have been seeing too many of pumpkin recipes, good to see you have a recipe without the pumpkin, haha! By the way, I haven't seen huckleberries before, actually first time of hearing this, will google abt it later.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Joyce, this really looks yummy! :D

    ReplyDelete