Friday, July 14, 2017

Runner Beans With Black Beans And Chilli

A quick stir-fry dish, simple yet so tasty. I don't cook runner beans very often, simply because they are not always available. And when I do see them in the market, I would not hesitate to grab some, as we love runner beans. 



Recipe calls for the garlic and ginger to be thinly sliced, but I have chopped them instead, and have used more than the recipe calls for. Instead of boiling the runner beans for two or three minutes, I have simply microwaved them for two minutes, then proceed with the recipe.

The stir-frying part is pretty quick, takes only a few minutes. One of my usual way of stir-frying runner beans is to cook with chopped dried prawns. This recipe uses black beans, another delicious way of cooking these runner beans. We love this dish, makes a great side dish to eat with rice and other main dishes. It is now on my list of "everyday-dish" rotation!


The recipe can be found here.
(from Every Grain Of Rice, Fuchsia Dunlop, pg 154)

I'm linking this post with Cookbook Countdown #19 hosted by 

5 comments:

  1. I adore the aroma and taste of fermented black beans. This stirfry must be very delicious and flavourful, Joyce.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom cooks runner beans with dried shrimps too. This black bean version looks delicious, especially with a big bowl of rice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want vegetable this so yummy runner beans with black beans and chilli this is my favorite, thank you for the tips.

    http://www.krwlawyers.com/start_San-Antonio-Truck-Accident-Lawyer.php

    ReplyDelete
  4. I seldom eat runner beans and this dish looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yummmm...... I love simple dishes like these.

    ReplyDelete